Cheshire Steam Fair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cheshire Steam Fair

Post  bjwlancashire on Sun 03 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Any one going to this event?? I am booked in for the weekend.

Brian

bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2010-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheshire Steam Fair

Post  Big Shaun on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:00 pm

Possible get down on sunday, viewing only Crying or Very sad

Big Shaun

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cheshire Steam Fair Pictures

Post  bjwlancashire on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 3:31 pm

Here are some pictures from the event, in particular Clive Hearsey's 4" Burrell Road Loco built from scratch over 15 years including making his own patterns .

I also include a couple of full size engine photos from the event and the Saturday evening road run.

Please note the Showmans Engine builder doing what comes naturally to a showmans engine owner while contemplating what he should have built Razz It does make a good beer table though!

Brian M, Dwain M and I were lucky enough for Clive to let us all have a drive of his Road Loco too, especially to see how it was to drive with the canopy on. It's going to be fun!! Looking forward to seeing what Steve proposes on the both canopys. Clive's engine also has a shorter tender than ours and a canopy that does not reach the back of the tender!! Lovely to drive though.

The road run performance was excellent too, a good pace was set, Danielle and Declan certainly enjoyed the ride.

The best part about the weekend, a Saturday evening road run and some good real ale afterwards drunken

A Burrell DCC agricultural engine, I don't think anyone has chosen this kit option yet.

Using our initiative to get water for the road run - thanks to Runcorn Model Boat Club for the use of their boating pool cheers

Nick, check out that 4 chime whistle on Lee's Fowler roller, it's BR one off a Brittania - loud

Two happy Steam Apprentices enjoying Saturday evening on the road with steam - in the back of Mike Wilkinson's ex-WD 5 ton Foden wagon

bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2010-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheshire Steam Fair

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top