Charity Rally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charity Rally

Post  Brian M on Thu 10 Mar 2011, 10:00 am

This would be several years off (as the new DCC engine will not be complete until 2012). However, I received an e-mail that originated from Dean at STW, which mentioned approximately, 570 units have been sold by STW.

How about we all got together and held a rally that raised money for charity. I am sure that somebody with far greater organisational skills then myself could organisation an event (and even attract corporate sponsorship to cover the steam costs).

Just an idea (it may take 12 months to organise such an event), but I will be happy to attend on the (not so old) 4” showman.

All the best

Brian

Brian M

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charity Rally

Post  bjwlancashire on Sun 13 Mar 2011, 5:56 pm

I assume Brian means a STW rally, all the engines coming together for one weekend of fun. This could be tricky for some of the lucky ones out there who own more than one - you know who you are. Laughing

I'm afraid I would not be ready until early 2013 unless I can double up on a couple of kits, it could be possible to be ready by the end of next year. Some of us started later then others.

I am up for it though. cheers

Brian

bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2010-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex-Jan on Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:16 pm

Hi Brian,
If you have a look at the number of engines in the treat in the 4”Burrell section you‘ll find out there are 282 engines build by STW and 135 by MW, last 50 of these finished by STW. So that makes a total of 417 steam engines. There are also 137 wagons and bowsers.
Even if half off the engines would take part it should be an impressive rally.

Alex Jan

Alex-Jan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-10-25

View user profile http://www.miniatuurstoom.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire on Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:29 pm

Wow, I don't think they have that much space in the new premises Laughing

What I would be curious to know is if every engine has been completed, if not how many have so far and are being rallied.

bjwlancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex-Jan on Mon 14 Mar 2011, 5:16 pm

Well than they need a camping field and perhaps a beer tent near the new premises. But I like the idée of a STW rally. I know we did al pay for the stuff they made but in one way they deserve a rally with as much off the STW engines as possible and not only the DCC.

Alex Jan

Alex-Jan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-10-25

View user profile http://www.miniatuurstoom.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback on Tue 15 Mar 2011, 1:31 pm

I think this is the best idea my brother has ever had, all other ideas..... wait I think this is his only idea Razz. I was lucky because I got the brains and looks Cool he looks a bit of a pig and a clown where I am Cool and study.

Craig, I think as the nominated STW Rally Chairman (Appointment made by the forum) you should start to consider the 2013 venue and the fair ground rides for the kids and Dean....You have to remember it's for the kids and just think of their happy faces as you welcome them through the gate and give them a freshly made toffee apple.

I heard a rumour Northern Stream are holding one, anyone else hear that Twisted Evil

Flasback

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire on Tue 15 Mar 2011, 2:09 pm

Craig

As newly appointed STW Rally Secretary may I suggest you book the 3" scale gallopers http://misswizz.posterous.com/tag/fairground so that some of our friends with the Showmans engines have something to do?

Also, get Steve to bring all has giant traction wagons for his Hornsby chain tractor, so we can get the road locos busy this way Very Happy Better still put the Hornsby on atrrailer to make an impressive load. Shocked

Brian

bjwlancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW on Tue 15 Mar 2011, 2:49 pm

hang on, when did this happen !?!?! affraid affraid Laughing Laughing

actually Deans the best one for this sort of thing. im sure something can be done in the future.

PS: i dont drink, so if i did organise anything im sure I'd forget to sort the beer tent Razz Razz

craig@STW

Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2010-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire on Tue 15 Mar 2011, 2:57 pm

That's what the rally committee is for What a Face What a Face What a Face

bjwlancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flasback on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 1:16 am

Good point made by bjwlancashire.

I have already written the first press release:

STREAM TRACTION WORLD BLOWS ABOVE THE REST

The hard working staff (nearly all) at the STW Corporation (business growth) has launched its first stream rally. This rally was organised by its chairman Craig the Whiz and newly appointed Non-Executive (big promotion to the board Craig but this role is an un-paid position in most organisations, the person in this role is usually paid in bonds etc in your case I suspect Dean would add brooke in front of it and offer you liquid which is not gold). The rally attracted many of the traction engines and car owners and their families to the 30 acre rally. Craig The Whiz appointed Chairman said "It has been a great success, I have already started next years rally. The two day event maybe extended next year due the events I have organised; we have the stream engines, British Beer Drinking through a Straw & Belly Rolling Championships (I have PM my entry form for this one, got to be in with a chance:suspect:) and the World Fly Catching Championships:sleep:. In the evening we have many top line bands playing for us with the headline act being the one and only Wagner". Craig went on to to talk about his front row seat for Wanger's show but its to embarrassing to write here as his following Wanger around is unhealthy for a human and kids may read this press release.

I think a bit of sub-editorial work and the release is ready to go to my mate rups, BBC and sky...

Flasback

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 2:03 am

Guys (and girls),

All i can say is..............................

Watch this space for June 11th and 12th this year

More information will follow....................soon hopefully but pencil that date in your diary...or with today's modern technology type it in your Outlook Calender!

Might even find more out today if a certain little exchange of contracts goes ahead as planned. Very Happy Very Happy cheers cheers

Dean

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

get togeterr

Post  Watts&Son on Wed 16 Mar 2011, 2:07 pm

Hi, we have a steam up and a run down the pub, we have on a barbeque in the late afternoon. It is on 29th May, it, there are usually around 15 engines with 2 full size. We have a field you can camp over night. If you could bring your own coal, we supply the barbeque. I live near Salisbury Wilts. If you could PM me, I can give details. Regards David Watts.

Watts&Son

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire on Fri 18 Mar 2011, 8:52 am

Dean

Dates are now in my calendar, everything has been shuffled around to fit in this important date.

Please note my engine will not be finished by then but I am more than willing to help others who have more than one enginer already - you know who you are Razz Razz

cheers cheers

Brian

bjwlancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW on Fri 18 Mar 2011, 8:57 am

I'd be surprised if any showman's engines were ready by then Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing but them I'm not sure that's what this one is about.

hopefully we will have as many working models as we can.

i better pencil them dates in as well, looks like I'm working that weekend Cool

craig@STW

Number of posts : 1194
Registration date : 2010-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire on Fri 18 Mar 2011, 9:19 am

There are some DCC engines on wheels already, how many would be able to get them to Daventry area for the June weekend??

bjwlancashire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top