DCC on Traction Talk Forum plus some other bits.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DCC on Traction Talk Forum plus some other bits.

Post  Steam Traction World on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 5:09 pm

Hi All

Nick (Sonick45) has started a series of posts on the Traction Talk Forum as well as his own website. This is a great way to promote the engines in an open forum and is a further step towards getting kit built engines and their builders the credit they deserve. So give him a bit of encouragement and if you feel so inclined make a contribution.

Dean and I visited the foundry yesterday, who will be casting the cylinder blocks. There are a few alterations to be made to the pattern but all in all its a good start. We'll get Craig to post some of the photo's next week. I think you'll be amazed at the relatively small amount or room for any iron. Its full of sand cores and quite complicated. Its like putting together a 3D jigsaw made of sand.

The casting have arrived for the rear wheel hubs. Spokes are being delivered on Monday and the first batch of vulcanised wheels should be delivered on Friday. We're hoping to have the DCC up as a rolling chassis intime for GDSF. If you're going, come and see us, we should be in row E.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World

Number of posts: 815
Registration date: 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

DCC rolling chassis

Post  Rickster on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 6:57 pm

Hi Steve,
Great news - obviously progressing well. I will be at Dorset on the Friday, so I'll see you then!
cheers
Rick

Rickster

Number of posts: 260
Registration date: 2010-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top