Production update for Kits 2-6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Production update for Kits 2-6

Post  Vapor on Thu 28 Jan 2010, 8:13 am

Hi Dean/Steve/Craig

Hows the production of kits 2-6 getting on, also has the casting fot the boiler cradle arrived yet?? just looking for an update, well a delivery would be good as well but I'll settle for an update Cool

Vapor

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Production update for Kits 2-6

Post  miller on Thu 28 Jan 2010, 10:26 am

there is actually a lot of brain power going into the foden kits at the moment, more than you will believe.

we aim to get kit two out to you this month (feb) and are working on parts now, we are also seeing if it's possible to get kit 3 done as well

as both scales of burrell kits have or are now coming to a close Steve and dean are looking at the structure of the foden kits and hope to come up with a plan that will work best for both STW and the customers.

no news on the cradle at the moment but i will chase it up tomorrow.

miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  miller on Fri 29 Jan 2010, 10:16 am

just a little up-date on this...

kits 2 and 3 are now our number one priority for this month and we aim to send them out together. you will get them at some point in february, i will be able to give a more accurate idea of a date next week.

Steve has been chasing the cradle casting today. it looks likes it's been made but we need to arrange shipping. we appreciate how important it is to get this done as soon as possible. i'll keep you informed on it's progress.

the way the foden is being made this time is very different to how we have worked on kits before because we are producing 3 variants but in limited numbers. the limited numbers will allow us to offer more than one kit at a time but it's often not as simple as that as the time taken to actually set and program the machines can be the part that takes the most time.

the last thing we want to start doing is promising a schedule that we can't keep to, so please bear with us as we double and triple check things first.

believe me, this is getting our full attention at the moment Shocked Shocked haven't seen Dean work this hard for a long time Laughing Wink affraid

miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor on Sat 30 Jan 2010, 12:00 pm

Thanks for the update Craig, well it's about time that dean did some work instead of watching everybody else working, I've been told about him by Isobel. Laughing Laughing

Vapor

Number of posts : 375

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World on Sun 31 Jan 2010, 8:39 am

What is it get at Dean time. Shocked

Firstly, I am here as i do visit the forum so try being a little nicer please! Otherwise instead of sitting here on a Sunday afternoon answering queries, i'm off to the pub! Very Happy

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 886

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top