Dorset Steam Rally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dorset Steam Rally

Post  Steam Traction World on Wed 09 Sep 2009, 12:22 am

Hi All,

Thought i would give everyone an update on Dorset.

Firstly a MASSIVE thank you to both Tim Watson and Bruce Smith for the loan of their engines for the show. Two better examples will be hard to find so all you other guys and gals really do have your work cut out to get to the standard they have produced. (a note for a potential customers reading this....everyone gets the same standard of bits so it is about what you put in to them......i can't miss an opportunity to sell sell sell Very Happy)

The stand at the show look fantastic and i would go as far as to say the best stand ever done. The Lyka, Burrells, Showmans, 40" Flat Screen TV plus the A boards explaining what we do, really hit home and resulted in the best show we have ever had.

Orders were taken for 8 engines in total including 3 Showmans, 2 Road Loco's, 1 4" Burrell, 1 2" Burrell and 1 SWB Foden. This now takes the Showmans and Road Loco orders up to the 20 mark which is fantastic.

Thanks to all the customers, old and new who took the time to visit us and at times stayed to help as we were so busy. Bruce Smith, Alan Smith, Steve Trail, Tom Tynan, Colin Alexander and Keith Turner all done their bit to help make it the most successful show ever. I hope i haven't forgotten anyone! Cheers guys.

Finally another thank you. We must thank David Steel who gave up his entire week to help us on the stand. David was there to help set up on the Tuesday, worked on the stand all week and helped pack the van away on Sunday evening. As a customer building a 4" Burrell, David on numerous occasions talked to potential customers, putting them at ease by giving them a different perspective from a customers point of view rather than the owners. I might even go as far as to say that David might have been responsible for at least one of the eight orders taken! lol Very Happy. The other 7 were all mine! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Dorset Steam Rally

Post  BUNGLE on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 3:14 pm

ANY PHOTOS DEAN ??

REGARDS
BRUCE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 2:46 am

BUNGLE wrote:ANY PHOTOS DEAN ??

REGARDS
BRUCE

As above, would love to see some pictures.

Nick

sonick45

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 8:06 am

To be honest guys, i think we were too busy for me to take pictures. Remember keep meaning to but don't think i did. i'll check my camera to see what's on there

Dean

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top