Showmans generator kits

Go down

Showmans generator kits

Post  Mark the spark on Sat 04 Aug 2018, 8:38 pm

I have just noticed that this Friday (10th August) it will be 1 year since I received the last kit for my showmans engine
I am sure I am not the only one that's felling like I have been forgotten I understand that a new generator is being developed but if it was known there was a fault why was this not started sooner
I am just blowing off a bit of steam by writing this but it would be nice to get the last two kits by the end of the year please
Mark

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2015-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showmans generator kits

Post  lynnr on Sat 04 Aug 2018, 8:53 pm

Hi Mark

The issue as you said has been known for a while. But what is not known by most is Steve has been looking at alternatives for the last 2 or more years. There is a pile of rejected samples from 3rd parties next to his desk. It reached a point where to get a good reliable product it would need to be developed and manufactured in house. The complication to this is making the new design solution fit the existing casings etc. There is a working prototype in testing and I believe STW are waiting for a large supply of the permanent magnets to be delivered. These having to be sourced from abroad as no UK based supplier have the high N45 - 50 magnet in the dimensions required.
lynnr

Number of posts : 2962
Registration date : 2010-08-06

View user profile http://www.pbase.com/uisge

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 3:36 pm

and i can tell you that Ian is currently "playing" with the working prototype to get it to fit into the existing parts in the kit.

yes progress is very slow on this but progress is being made Cool
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1300
Registration date : 2010-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark the spark on Fri 10 Aug 2018, 3:38 pm

Thanks Craig for the update

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2015-04-26