10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Go down

10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:02 pm

2018 is our 10th Anniversary.
How would you like to join in the fun for the 10th Anniversary of Steam Traction World? 23rd and 24th June 2018, Banbury Rally (Bloxham). We’d love to see as many enthusiasts together along with your engines – and the engines can be either fully or part built, showy or sooty; we’d love to see as many as possible.

We’d like an early idea of numbers of you and your engines, so please fill in your early registration details (via the link below) with your name, phone number and email. In the final box called “Comment” please add details of your Engine you would like to bring. Additionally here you can add how many people, how many days to stay Saturday/Sunday/Both Days and if you have any camping/caravaning arrangements.

We’ll collate all the info together and we can then plan further arrangements in due course. Thank you.

Please Register HERE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-06-13

View user profile http://www.nickpricecreatives.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Camping at Banbury

Post  Goliewogs on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 12:00 pm

You have mentioned camping - are there any Camping arrangements at Banbury? I would be particularly interested if there were pitches available for Motorhomes! Perhaps, if not, are any facilities nearby?

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2016-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 10th Anniversary Celebrations!

Post  LiveSteam on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 7:13 pm

There better be, we'll be rocking up with a van and caravan Cool

Actually this reminds me to ask, if we register to attend via STW does that mean we dont need to register through the official site ??

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Good Point!!

Post  Goliewogs on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 12:07 pm

Livesteam, Yes, Yes,Yes, Of course this is the very point that I should have made previously! How do we register/book availability of pitches - who with and how much, and when to ensure a pitch on arrival? Can we arrive the day before? Is there a pub nearby???? How far is the nearest Tescos (living in France, Tescos is like a goldmine to raid before returning)!!!?
Greg

Goliewogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 6:48 pm

I would suspect the STW will make all the arrangements, as with most rallys you can normally arrive the day before, looking at the Banbury Rally  website http://banbury-rally.co.uk/entryforms.html it does seem that Steam is by invite only, so I am assuming STW will arrange everything and we will be part of the STW posse Very Happy  but looking at the other exhibitor forms seem you can get onto site from Thursday midday and leave Monday midday. So I'm assuming if we get the nod similar will apply.
If you have registered your interest on the STW site then I am assuming they will send more info out in due course ? Although it would be good to know where we stand as currently if I get an invite to Banbury I will miss one of my regular events I attend that weekend. I might give them a shout tomorrow as I need to order a few spares.

As for pitches, again if its the same as other rallys you'll be pitched next to your engine in the "Miniature" section, thats how it normally goes.

Not sure you'll need to worry about a nearby pub as I bet there will be a real ale bar Cool

As for Tescos, if you are coming over via say the Portsmouth Ferry Terminal you can fill your boots as theres several large Tescos in the area.

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Banbury Camping

Post  Goliewogs on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 10:54 am

Livesteam, Thank you very much for your detailed reply! You have set my mind at rest and will look forward to the event and meeting everybody. Although I will not be exhibiting, this will be my first Steam Rally that I have attended and "stayed" on site as more than just a "visitor" if you see what I mean! I just now need to book the Ferry........

Goliewogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Thu 01 Feb 2018, 7:23 pm

Goliewogs wrote: Although I will not be exhibiting, this will be my first Steam Rally that I have attended and "stayed" on site as more than just a "visitor" if you see what I mean! I just now need to book the Ferry........

Ah not sure how that will work, as I've not ever seen that, generally if you are on site then you'll be exhibiting, otherwise you're a member of public/visitor. Your best bet is to check with STW the position, I was going to ring them today but work got in the way Rolling Eyes

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

You Are Right!!

Post  Goliewogs on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 9:04 am

Livesteam, Yes of course you are right! I had lost sight of the fact that this really is someone else's event and STW are taking the opportunity to have their party there!! No exhibit, no entry (apart from a visitor)!. I think I shall have to scrap the idea as I need a guaranteed place to park for three nights after coming such a long way. Maybe some other time..

Goliewogs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iain on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:33 am

Lots of rallys allow the general public to buy a camping spot. Lincoln steam rally is one if you were interested in visiting. It has a large contingent of models!

Be worth email Banbury rally and seeing if you can buy a camping pass.

iain

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-09-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Fri 02 Feb 2018, 7:32 pm

Goliewogs wrote:Livesteam, Yes of course you are right! I had lost sight of the fact that this really is someone else's event and STW are taking the opportunity to have their party there!! No exhibit, no entry (apart from a visitor)!. I think I shall have to scrap the idea as I need a guaranteed place to park for three nights after coming such a long way. Maybe some other time..

Public camping isnt a problem

Camping prices

Price includes rally entry for two adults and two children for both days.

Call Mark on 07949 942657 to book.
Ticket type Price
Caravan clubs £ 40
Public camping £ 45

Info all on the website here http://banbury-rally.co.uk/annualrally.html

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Waterways on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 10:14 am

Is it all now fully booked can't seem to register

Waterways

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-26

View user profile http://www.waterways-direct.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 12:32 pm

Waterways wrote:Is it all now fully booked can't seem to register

Does seem that way, from the link, although to date I've not had any confirmation.

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve H on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 1:52 pm

Sorry if I am being a bit blonde here,I have expressed an interest to attend for the weekend.
Is the get together,being held within the Rally,i.e Camping with our displays along the line or are we to camping  in Public Camping area??
I am confused.
Steve H Very Happy
Steve H

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2014-03-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Sat 03 Feb 2018, 4:58 pm

I'm assuming we are in the main event and I am assuming that STW are organising the area in the event for us. Of course there are a lot of "assuming" in that sentance so until we hear from STW what the score is we wont know for sure.
The public camping links were for Goliewogs benifit as I gather they were not exhibiting.

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Tue 06 Feb 2018, 5:48 pm

Spoke to STW today to order a few spares and to ask about Banbury, they will be sorting all passes etc, looks like there will be upwards of 70 engines from us so quite a gathering Cool

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Banbury Rally

Post  HStannard on Tue 20 Mar 2018, 10:44 pm

When will those who registered to take an engine to Banbury know if they have been accepted? Sad
HStannard

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Wed 21 Mar 2018, 9:36 pm

I had my acceptance e-mail about a week ago which resulted in me having to fill in a down loadable Banbury invite form which needed to be e-mailed back to STW and posted back with a SAE and current boiler ticket, I cant say if everyone got theirs the same time though.
Hopefully all those who registered an interest will get an invite but I have a feeling they did get a lot of interest.

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  baggycanoe on Wed 28 Mar 2018, 9:48 pm

I got mine too
I'm filling in the form but confused with nhp / weight
And year of manufacture (I boiler was made in 2009 should I use that)

baggycanoe

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down