January 2018 production photos

View previous topic View next topic Go down

January 2018 production photos

Post  craig@STW on Fri 05 Jan 2018, 4:11 pm

hello and welcome to 2018, there was no production pics at the end of last year because we all finished early on the friday and as we were having a factory xmas clean-up, i didn't even have time to think.

so this is where we are at at the end of this week. i know i said we had seen the last of the Lyka kits for a bit but due to the nature of the water tanks, the manual guys have already started bending the sheet work...

and a new addition to the water tanks are internal baffles...

on the machines, we now have the six inch foden smoke-boxes as complete units...

and the final holes have been drilled...

i have also been working on the foden 6inch boiler cradle...

and the front axle assembly...

and swivel hubs...

BU roller 2nd shaft tubes are done...

i have now managed to finish the small batch of showmans rear axle tubes for the couple of customers who had these outstanding. these will be ready to send out next week. sorry for the delay but due to the accuracy and power needed on the bore holes we had to wait for our big machine to be available to finish these...

on one of the lathes, roadloco smoke-box door rings...

and work has started on 100's of showmans rear wheel spokes. we counter sink these on the machines as it takes about 40 seconds to do 4 spokes...

and waiting to go on the large machine next week, 3 pallets of showmans rear wheels to have the spoke holes drilled...

craig@STW

Number of posts : 1252
Registration date : 2010-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: January 2018 production photos

Post  Mark the spark on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 8:19 pm

Hi Craig
Any update on last 2 showmans kits?
Thanks

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2015-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 3:48 pm

all i can tell you on the last two showmans kits is that the one motor that was checked was unsuitable and another has been ordered and is on the way.

well this weeks photos do seem to be very much like last weeks, its just that things have moved on a bit or the model has changed.

the showmans rear wheels are on the machine and being drilled...

and with all the spokes for them countersunk we are now working on the spokes for the new batch of wagons (this is just a very small selection of the 100's of spokes we have had to do)...

and whilst on the subject of the wagons, this material if waiting to be turned into the hubs and inner and outer covers...

having finished the 6inch foden smoke-boxes, we are now working on a batch for the road-locos...

and the smoke-box rings...

the 6inch foden front cradle is on its last opp...

the manual section are working on the Lyka water tanks now...

and most of the lathes are working on the various bushes that go into them. one part thats a little more interesting is the filler cap, this should look even better next week when i mill the outer edge...

craig@STW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Today at 3:56 pm

this weeks photos  Very Happy

to carry on from exactly where we left off last week, here is the finished lyka water tank filler cap after final milling...

all the showmans rear wheels are drilled and as usual we always put one together to make sure everything fits...

the other wheels we are working on are the smaller traction wagon wheels...

the spokes...

the hubs...

and inner hub covers...

in this photo you can see the various stages of the hub machining process, from solid to (almost) finished...

on the big machine... heavy machining cutting a 6inch foden chassis bracket from soild...

also this week some valve glands...

and as usual, i have tried to include something from the welding bay.

most of this weeks work has been on the lyka water tanks and Harry is now back on boilers, but i did manage to find something a little different. showmans roof stays having some short lengths of studding welded onto them...

craig@STW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top