Steam Traction World Greyhound Owners Syndicate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steam Traction World Greyhound Owners Syndicate

Post  Steam Traction World on Mon 15 May 2017, 3:08 pm

Hi All,

I know it's not a new product, it is however a new idea and just something i am toying with at the minute.

I'm considering starting a greyhound syndicate just for STW owners. A syndicate is not only a cost effective way to get involved as the outlay is minimal when split and it's also a good excuse for STW owners to get together by meeting up occasionally outside of the 'rally field' and have a night out or beer together while cheering our/your dog on.

My initial thoughts are as follows (not set in stone and open to suggestions):

Initially to see how it goes we would start with just one dog. This dog would have the prefix in their name of 'steam', 'steamy' 'steaming' or something similar. For example Steamy Burrell, should things be successful, and other people want to join we could then look at growing and having another dog Steamy Foden (these are just examples).

Costs would be split equally by number of members. The biggest cost would be the initial outlay and this would be depending on the quality of dog purchased. Trained by Jayne and Robert Meek the dogs home track would likely to be Perry Barr, Birmingham however i'd personally prefer to get an 'Open' class dog as this will then race at different tracks around the country and also be running for higher prize money. If we had 20 shares for example and the dog cost around 3k then the purchase cost would likely to be 150 per share with the monthly training fees then around 10 per month. Any prize money would then be put in to a separate kitty and divided annually. With the greyhound derby having a top prize of around 175,000 who knows one day STW and STW owners could dream of having a derby entry/winner.

If you are interested and would like further information please let me know below or drop me an email.

Be a great way to get together for very little up front cost.

Dean.

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Steam Traction World Greyhound Owners Syndicate

Post  chrisnchrisroberts on Mon 15 May 2017, 9:08 pm

Definitely count me out.

chrisnchrisroberts

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World on Mon 15 May 2017, 10:12 pm

Guessing it's a bit far to travel Chris! Shocked

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Chrs777 on Fri 19 May 2017, 8:56 pm

Sounds good Dean. Count me in.
Probably won't be able to meet up at all, but it would be great to be involved in something different.
Not if there are too many share holders though, as it would dilute any winnings.
An open dog would be great too, as I would be able to watch it at belle vue track Manchester 😀

Chrs777

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top