PLEASE CHECK THIS !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PLEASE CHECK THIS !!!

Post  bazzer on Sun 14 May 2017, 5:37 pm

While checking my engine in preparation for the first steaming, I found that I couldn't operate the lubricator by hand. I undid the oil delivery pipe work and there was a lot of pressure in it. Upon investigation I found that the oilway to the steam chest was blocked. I removed the 3mm grub screw on the front of the block and tried to pass a copper wire through, only got as far as hole where the reducer fits on the top of the block. So using a 2.5 twist drill I removed swarf and oil as far as the drill would go, I then used a long reach 2.5mm allen key, gentle tapping and turning until it got through to the steam passage from the regulator to the steam chest. Put every thing back together and lubricator works fine. If you haven't already checked, I would do so as there will be no oil getting to the cylinder if the oilway is blocked.

Barry

bazzer

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2015-05-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PLEASE CHECK THIS !!!

Post  Mike King on Mon 15 May 2017, 9:27 am

Hi Barry, I had this on my 2". The same as you the pipe was totally blocked. I assumes solder. I couldnt do anything about it as the pipe is so small. STW replace the pipe with no issues. I would suggest that anyone getting that far,  blows through the pipe into a glass of water and look for the bubbles!
      Mike

Mike King

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2014-09-04

View user profile http://www.mikekingphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Mon 15 May 2017, 8:04 pm

I'm sure I've read similar on other builds, sounds like a little addition in the build instructions to check this wouldnt be a bad idea ?

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top