The Fun Never Stops

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Fun Never Stops

Post  Flasback on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:14 pm

Hello All,

Must of been a few years since I posted on the forum. I still come on here now and again to see what is going on with STW engines as I am a big fan of scale models. During the winter I still love to go on YouTube and watch the miniatures traveling around a field or road. At Rallies still like to hop on a miniature and have a play and would have another one tomorrow if I could. For those of you who don't know me my brother and I both bought a Showmans each from the first batch and enjoyed taking it to a few rallies and learning how these wonderful engines are built and work. Had hours of fun roading the engine with other miniatures and full size engines around people's towns and private parties. Building it was interesting at times but Steve or other people were always happy to help. Sometimes my garage had 4 or 5 people in it whilst I was working on the engine. I would go off to make a cup of tea and someone would build a part for me (all very experienced engine builders or owners).

We had the bug and sold the engines a few years ago with both being sold in 24 hours of going on sale. One left the country and sits in a living room/hall as a display and the other in a garage bought by a gentleman who saw it at a rally and said he will own it one day (both not in regular steam but owned by people who enjoy looking at them). You all have a piece of engineering which will increase in value and will give you hours of fun.

Like a few others on this site we have now bought a full size engine but enjoy all types of steam so please keep the threads coming as I bet a lot more people read your threads than you think.

Happy steaming and building

Dwain

Flasback

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Fun Never Stops

Post  Flasback on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm

Sorry I forgot to mention, if any you are doing a rally in the North West of England please come and see us, always happy to see STW builders and talk about engine builds.

Dwain

Flasback

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 7:11 pm

What full size are you now the custodians of ?

sonick45

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 7:59 am

Will definitely come see you if I know what engine you own. I was at Southport at the weekend.

PaulC

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-10-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top