Good thinking there ,you could be right you never know ha ha : Very Happy

wingman

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bertie's progress part 2

Post  wingman on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:38 pm

Great to know the pics are ok and not cropped,don't know why but that's just how they apear on my tablet,perhaps it is the 'fruit'

A job that I should have completed a while ago 'the smoke box door' painted,polished and fitted the name rings,   heres a photograph.

wingman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:41 pm

Hi ho.

Nice seeing progress pictures and yes as I said before tablets and other handheld devices have a habit of cropping pictures.

lynnr

Number of posts : 2716
Registration date : 2010-08-06

View user profile http://www.pbase.com/uisge

Back to top Go down

Post  wingman on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 4:05 pm

Thanks Lynn, I suppose its just my lack of understanding when it comes to using this Tablet which is still pretty new to me,don't think that I would have ever got the photo's on here in the first place without your help.thanks again.

John.

wingman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wingman on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:49 pm

Just a quick update on Bertie,I have now put the front axle,wheels,smokebox and chimney together to me its quite impresive ,I know that the front wheels need painting but I am waiting until I recieve my rear wheels which have been delayed due to a problem with the hubs at stw,I will paint all four at the same time,at least that's the plan.

Here's a few photo's of the progress.

wingman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wingman on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:54 pm

I have machined a front towing pin looks quite good I think,here's a photograph.

John.

wingman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NorfolkModelSteam on Sun 16 Oct 2016, 1:19 pm

Great to see your progress. I've signed up for the 4" roller starting next year so currently reading everyones build threads to get ideas! Can I ask what paint you have used for the smokebox and chimney? Also how are you doing the lining as it looks great and probably the one thing I am most apprehensive about?!

NorfolkModelSteam

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wingman on Mon 17 Oct 2016, 5:54 pm

Hi,congratulations on signing up for the 4" roller it looks to be quite an engine,
The paint that I have used on the chimney and smokebox is 'Plasticoat ' satin finish Barbeque Paint from B AND Q.in an aerosol,just give it light coats to build up the paint and you will get a lovely finsh after good preperation pre paint.

The lines are done by using finnesse lining tape and lining/signwriting enamel ,both of which I purchased from Craftmaster.
The lining was something that I was most concerned and aprehensive about too,having got a really good finish on the paint I was really concerned that I would mess everything up and have to start again but apart from actually removing the clear film from the tape I need't have worried everything went well and I was really pleased with the end result.
The problem with the removal of the clear film on the tape for me was overcome by leaving plenty of extra length (waste ) at the start or finish of the tape and a pair of square nosed tweezers advise that I obtained on here.

Enjoy your build .........John

wingman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top