Latest News On Production For New Lycamobile

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest News On Production For New Lycamobile

Post  Goliewogs on Fri 08 Jul 2016, 6:49 am

Spoke to Dean the other day re the above topic, and this is what he had to say via email. So, I thought I would share it with everyone else!!

"Yes, July is almost here. We arent quite ready yet. A burner has been purchased and a boiler is all ready to go, we are just waiting for one of our fabricators to finish welding the ducting. Once he has finished this we are just going to prove we are happy with the new design by putting it in steam and it will be all systems go. Id like to think the fabricator completed his bit by the end of this week. Steve is on holiday next week so well then test it as soon as he returns. Once proven we will then write to everyone.

Regarding the balance of the deposit payments, we will only invoice everyone for this once we can give an exact start/delivery date of the first kit. Our normal practice is to send one kit per month (as that is how we manufacture them). If you want kits sending as multiples, to save on the shipping cost, you would need to continue to pay for them monthly but we would store them here until a few were ready and then despatch them."

Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Deposit paid

Post  Millepa on Fri 09 Dec 2016, 3:17 am

Hi Greg,
Well STW have requested the deposit and I have recieved confirmation that it was recieved, but I have had no other information from them.
I was expecting some sort of progress report and schedule expectation just to keep their loyal customers informed.

As it is I am not sure what changes have been decided upon, for my car.
Since STW have the deposit I hope we will find out shortly.

Millepa

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Changes/Improvements to New Lykamobile

Post  Goliewogs on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 3:24 am

Hi Millepa,
I too am waiting now with great anticipation - but I think the wait will be worth it! If you have a look at "alansloco.blogspot.com", he has all the latest information regarding all the changes to the new cars!! There are lots of changes, mostly those that have been identified as problem areas with the Mk1 vehicle, but also some great improvements. Anyway, I won't go on - have a look yourself at this blog - it is very interesting!
Regards
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest News On Production For New Lycamobile

Post  He Who Must Not Be Blamed on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 8:41 am

Goliewogs wrote:Hi Millepa,
If you have a look at "alansloco.blogspot.com", he has all the latest information regarding all the changes to the new cars!! There are lots of changes, mostly those that have been identified as problem areas with the Mk1 vehicle, but also some great improvements. Anyway, I won't go on - have a look yourself at this blog - it is very interesting!

Quote from the blog:

Q: Are any security options recommended (e.g. padlock on reversing lever) beyond a key for the boiler electrics?
A: The boiler may not have electrics this time around. This is still to be decided as Steve is considering making it more original.

I've always thought the burner system on the original Likamobiles was a bit of a kludge. So this is very interesting!

He Who Must Not Be Blamed

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Changes to the v2

Post  Millepa on Sun 11 Dec 2016, 9:06 am

Having read Alans blog I feel reasured that the v2 is going to be very satisfactory.
Alan has penned all of the thoughts that I (and many others I suspect) have been considering while we wait for production to begin.

He Who Must Not Be Blamed wrote:
Goliewogs wrote:Hi Millepa,
If you have a look at "alansloco.blogspot.com", he has all the latest information regarding all the changes to the new cars!! There are lots of changes, mostly those that have been identified as problem areas with the Mk1 vehicle, but also some great improvements. Anyway, I won't go on - have a look yourself at this blog - it is very interesting!

Quote from the blog:

I also feel happy that the STW team are considering simplifying the burner control or doing away with the electrikery.

I've always thought the burner system on the original Likamobiles was a bit of a kludge. So this is very interesting!

Looking forward to starting next year, Merry Christmas to you all.

Millepa

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-04-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest News On Production For New Lycamobile

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top