Valves passing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valves passing

Post  hartshaulage on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:20 am

Im having a few problems with the valves on the foden passing when the regulator is opened, the engine runs nice about half open on the regulator anything lower than that and you can here the steam passing bye the valves and straight up the exhaust making it impossible to run the engine slow. Can anyone help with this or tell me how they set there valves up were they hard up against the face or left a little loose etc

Russ

hartshaulage

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2014-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Valves passing

Post  mikero on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 4:22 pm

Russ

It will get easier to run slowly once the engine is run in, if the engine is running smoothly the timing will not be far out. Have you adjusted the valve slides with the engine hot? Also a vee groove on the leading edge of the regulator puck helps to let just a small jet of steam in as the regulator opens, with a round puck over a round hole it seems to be feast or famine within half a millemetre.

Mike

mikero

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hartshaulage on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 4:30 am

Hi mike thanks for your reply, yes the valves ahve been adjusted when hot as they were way out when the engine got warm runs sweet as a nut now, i havent done the groove i dont think i will have to check i know i did it on my first block but think i forgot to put it in the plate on the second block, ill whip the cover off and have a look

Russ

hartshaulage

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2014-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top