Cylinder troubbles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cylinder troubbles

Post  hartshaulage on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:03 pm

So recently ive been trying to run iris my swb foden on air, however she just wont turn, the crank is free enough and when you take the end covers off air is entering the cylinders. Today i tried taking the exhaust port off the side of the block and using the air connector blowing air up backwards to see if that was the problem, this showed that neither exhaust port works, could this be the problem as to why she wont turn over at 80psi, if so what can i do to find out if the ports have been drilled at all as ive had problems with process in the regulator chest being missed out also the pistons wouldn't fit so have had to be trimmed down on the lathe to get in the cylinder, the rings have been gaped properly as well and the engine turns over fine by hand

Any help would be grateful at all as me and my friend are completely stumped and we would rather not jump straight into taking the cylinder off if we can help it

Russ

hartshaulage

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2014-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cylinder troubbles

Post  Mark the spark on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 4:16 pm

if the air cant exit the clyinders via the exhaust ports then the engine wont turn over at any psi
you will have to find out where the blockage is and remove it or open it up if it is not fully drilled
if I remember is there not a cross way that is drilled and has a plug in it? if so check it has not blocked the passage
if that is ok try passing thin wire down each exhaust port to see how far it goes down this might give you a clue where the blockage is

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2015-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hartshaulage on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:34 am

Hi mark thank you for your reply yes there id two 1/4 bungs unfortunatley these are located underneeth the block, my friend who runs minatures has tried rodding from the top but we carnt aeem to locate the hole, im wonderig if ive had a bad block sent out by accident, i shall remove the block today and have a look and most likly ring steve tuesday

Russ

hartshaulage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark the spark on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:36 am

good luck

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2015-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pegleg65 on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:09 am

Hi Russ, any news on your cylinder block? Hope you've had a replacement by now!

pegleg65

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2016-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hartshaulage on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:46 am

Hi unfortunately i haven't received a replacement block yet, last time i spoke to steve when i sent the faulty one back he said the new batch of blocks were waiting to back on the machine for another process and then they needed the liners shrinking in, I will be asking tomorrow as to how long they will be as as i received a message saying id have a kit delivered then another to say that it hadn't arrived at interlink depot so a call to find out where and what it is is needed

Russ

hartshaulage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top