New build of a Burrell

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New build of a Burrell

Post  Mick1020 on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:25 am

Hi all
Its been raining over here so no steaming, so have been busy with a few mods, the water gauge on tender just makes it handy to check, the seat i made up useing the kit seat, the kit seat was to high for me & it was attached on tender below the bunker, so thats why i changed it, the second gear fork i noticed that it would jam on shaft & you have to move back & forward to get it to move so i made up to brass bushes which made it a lot easyer to move.
Tell me what you think if a good idea or not
" />" />" />

Mick1020

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Thu 17 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm

Mick1020 wrote:

Love the water gauge, this is exactly what I want to do on my 4" MW as its a pain not knowing where I am with tender water, may I ask what parts/bits you used to create it ?

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick1020 on Sun 20 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

Hi Livesteam, parts used for water gauge are 5/16 x 32 water gauge kit from Live steam models, i used a 6mm nylon pipe inside 8mm copper pipe which i cut slot out, you can use 6mm gauge glass, hope this helps. By the way the gauge kit is for a 1" scale so you do get 6mm glass but its only 3-4cm long.
Regards Mick

Mick1020

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Mon 21 Sep 2015, 2:08 pm

Many thanks Mick, very useful.

Winter project Cool

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick1020 on Sun 27 Sep 2015, 3:05 pm

Hi, She had her 3rd steaming today, all went very well, the banging noise has gone so the reduced stroke on pump did the job, steam injector worked a treat, so off i went on a spin, most enjoyable the power she has is amazing even as new so this will increase it time, priming is reducing which is good news, in all it was a great day Laughing I forgot to take video as time just flew bye, next steaming.
The smell & sound took me back to Sellindge steam rally where I grew up in the village, i see that it no longer runs now, we even took the kids over to it when they were small when visiting family.
I do have one question to ask if any one can help, its about the big end oil cup, i noticed that oil is coming out of the hole in cap due to rotation force, would i use the cyl oil as its thicker,or is there another solution.

Regards Mick

Mick1020

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:54 am

I dont think its anything to worry about, they all do it to a degree I think. Generally mines got oil splashes all over the place.

I use Morris's universal steam oil which I use both in the lubricator and all the bearings, I find it very good and saves having to worry about two different oils.

LiveSteam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mick1020 on Wed 07 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm

Thanks for the info Livesteam
I've fitted a fine mesh to the inside of oil cap so that it should catch the oil droplets just like the oil breathers on some engines, hopefully it will do the job.

Mick1020

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top