Spark Arrestor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spark Arrestor

Post  T140 on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 11:35 am

Evening,

I've been looking for a Spark Arrestor for my 4" engine, which happens to be 115mm at the chimney top, tapering down.

What I was after is a Balloon style guard, but the prices seemed a little on the expensive side starting at 65 plus.

But when I refurbished my roof many moons ago I used wire made balloon style bird cage guards to protect the chimney pots, why can I not use these?

So I am waiting for an order to arrive for a Wire Balloon Gutter Guard in Stainless Steel, but also available in Galvanised Steel, price 7.91 posted to me. Once it arrives I'll let you know how successful it looks, but if you want a look on line it's www.wireballoons.co.uk.

But to me it looks OK, let me risk my money first though and I'll post a photo and let you decide?

Best wishes,

Richard.

T140

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spark Arrestor

Post  LiveSteam on Mon 27 Jul 2015, 2:47 pm

Mick at the wiston ralley had made one out of a bird feeder which I thought was quite nice.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Leaf Balloon Arrestor

Post  T140 on Fri 31 Jul 2015, 8:38 am

Evening all,

The leaf guard arrived, specifically designed to stick down the outlet pipe of a gutter, stainless steel and has three sprung legs that grip the pipe, 7.91. I like the look of it, OK it's not going to catch a huge amount of sparks but I wanted the thing cosmetically as I think finer mesh will probably clog right up. Any way you be the judges.

They are available in a number of inexpensive sizes, stainless steel or galvanised, www.wireballoons.co.uk.

T140

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2014-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spark Arrestor

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top