the long long wait.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the long long wait.

Post  hippy dave on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 3:55 am

Steam traction world or slow tiresome wait, just a thought.

hippy dave

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the long long wait.

Post  hartshaulage on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 12:33 pm

What is it your asking here i don't get it

Russ

hartshaulage

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2014-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HStannard on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:59 pm

You would if you were building a 6" Foden

HStannard

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSGR on Tue 21 Jul 2015, 4:07 am

Same with my 4" Foden. Last kit should have arrived back in December, still waiting for 4 kits! Had to cancel all this years shows!

John

SSGR

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hippy dave on Tue 21 Jul 2015, 4:39 am

I know makes you look a prat at the shows when you're another year out of steam, iv run out of excuses to tell people and the it will be worth it in the end has worn alittle thin now.I think there is twelve weeks to a stw month.😒

hippy dave

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hartshaulage on Tue 21 Jul 2015, 10:27 am

Oh right i see, i don't really care what they do im showing mine as a rolling chassis this year after that will just have wait and see, Im in no rush for parts

Russ

hartshaulage

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2014-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Brown on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 1:26 am

I think we've only had two 6" kits this year

Adam Brown

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 5:23 am

Hi Guys,

We are currently desperately trying to address the slow deliveries which are not only painful to you guys from a slow build perspective they also affect us hugely too with knock on effects to all our customers. Orders have gone up year on year with us close on reaching a 1 million turnover last year. This is in itself is a testament to the quality we are producing but at the same time we aren't blind and understand because of that a price has been paid when it comes to the delivery dates. This is more evident particularly on a new engine like the 6" Foden.

We've tried all sorts of solutions including having more staff than we have ever employed, introducing a stock control system (been in development for 2 years!!) but this week to try and get things back on target I have moved out of the office and back on to the shop floor as much as possible (while at the same time still trying to run the business so Steve can focus on design, instructions and support).

I've done this because currently 'sales' are not the issue (fortunately) but production is......already this week by utilising the person who was running production (getting them to be more hands on) and using my experience to organise who does what, when and where, we seem to have upped our game and work rate. (also we currently have one machinist off on honeymoon)......Kit 28 of the 6" Foden is all but done and we hope to have it shipped on Monday. Once I have bottomed this out Steve and I will look at ALL the other engines that are currently running behind and work our way through them. (2" Wagons, 4.5" Fodens in particular)

We are genuinely doing ALL we can and can do no more than apologise and try harder. This week we were booked in (and paid) to do Boconnoc show however realising how we are slipping and how desperate customers are to get their engines in steam we have not only worked late we have also cancelled going to the show so we can focus on making parts and getting the kits out.

Dean

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top