Likamobile Boiler

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Likamobile Boiler

Post  Chas on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:35 pm

My Likamobile Boiler has gone bust, no big bang or explosion, it just started leaking water via the Burner! I've found the hole, it seams to have rusted through, right in thr middle of the tubes, I think it is impossible to repair. Now I'm looking for a replacement boiler, if anybody knows of one for sale please let me know.

I hope you all carry on steaming this sommer as I can't any more,

Charles
Chas

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-21

View user profile http://www.sonnen-ueberbrille.de   www.fahrradspiegel.biz

Back to top Go down

Bust Likamobile Boiler

Post  Chas on Tue 25 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

Chas wrote:My Likamobile Boiler has gone bust, no big bang or explosion, it just started leaking water via the Burner! I've found the hole, it seams to have rusted through, right in thr middle of the tubes, I think it is impossible to repair. Now I'm looking for a replacement boiler, if anybody knows of one for sale please let me know.

I hope you all carry on steaming this sommer as I can't any more,

Charles

My Likamobile boiler first started leaking in June 2015, there were no answers to my Post and I couldn't find a new boiler. I also couldn't find a company able to build  a new one. After a few months I found a local Welder and convinced him he could repair the old one for me and he did a good job. I had the work accepted by the authorities (German TÜV). The Lika ran OK for the next 2 years and in June 2017 had sprung 3 new leaks! I assume it is totally rusted through this time. I am now looking again for a Co. capable of building me a new Boiler. At the moment I am asking for offers from 3 different Manufacturers.

Does anybody else need a new boiler?

Happy Steaming,

Charles
Chas

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-21

View user profile http://www.sonnen-ueberbrille.de   www.fahrradspiegel.biz

Back to top Go down

Bust Boiler

Post  Goliewogs Yesterday at 9:19 am

Hi,
Silly question - have you spoken to STW? As you probably know the new Lykamobile boiler is completely different (fire tube instead of water tube) and a new batch are due to be constructed sometime soon for the Lykamobile Mk2 - PERHAPS STW could ask the boiler makers to slip in another order for you! Problem solved!! I hope so.
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Likamobile Boiler

Post  rene1746 Yesterday at 9:55 am

I might be interested BUT would need it certified for use in UK with proper CE markings,test certificate etc. Have you the proper drawings with design approved by RSA,with material specifications etc? Thanks

rene1746

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn@STW Yesterday at 10:11 am

Hi All

It is not a simple build and replace for the early Likamobile boiler. The fundamental design has been changed from a water tube to a fire tube boiler. Giving a much better life expectancy.
The new boiler design is bigger so the Chassis, woodwork, seat etc have all been designed bigger to accommodate the new design.
The plumbing is also different.

Lynn@STW

Registration date : 2017-07-19

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boiler

Post  Goliewogs Yesterday at 10:21 am

So, thats that! Not possible since reading Lynn's email - everything has changed! If it was just plumbing then not a problem, but size is!!

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2016-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rene1746 Yesterday at 12:17 pm

Lynn,if the original boiler design is no longer being used,is it possible to buy a copy of the drawings and/or recommend some one to build a new one,perhaps the original manufacturers ?

rene1746

Registration date : 2009-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top