great dorset steam fair

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showman's line up GDSF

Post  Tim Watson on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 5:03 pm

On the Saturday night at GDSF the showman's all lined up at the top of the playpen: †eight in a row looked pretty impressive. †Not a very good photo I'm afraid.

Frederick really works well on the dynamo. †The pressure gauge needle is glued to 170PSI, the pump is just cracked open, occasional lump of coal and control the rest by the damper and regulator.

Max is also pretty good at keeping things under control:

Tim

Tim Watson

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2008-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: great dorset steam fair

Post  showman shane on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:55 pm

Hi fellow builders and others interested .have now ticked off GDSF from the bucket list.Not with standing the mud had a great day.I'm sure everyone who participated had their patience tested.being able to put some names to faces and see their engines was a huge dose of encouragement for this builder from down under. A big thank you to tim (and of course max who posed beautifully for the obligatory photo) for making this kiwi so welcome.the bacon butty with hot coffee to wash it down produced from Tims mobile coal fired kitchen will be a fond memory for this builder . It was good to meet Andy and see his engine in the flesh. What a wonderful job he has made. As said above the photos of his engine don't do it justice.also met colin and had a good look at his showmans engine Lady of the lake . Whilst not subject to a build thread this engine looks (and feels) magnificent .i also had the obligatory beer with dean and the two Steves at the STW stand whilst she who must be obeyed found the only patch of green grass at Dorset to sit on and read the paperWas around the corner. good to catch up and meet Steve T who has made an excellent job building Steves engine. I am currently travelling through Europe and can't wait to return home in 6 weeks to compete my engine.Cheers Shane.

showman shane

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 4:25 am

Hi Shane

What day off you visit as I did not see you at the Steam Yachts, maybe it was my afternoon off.

bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2010-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  showman shane on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:50 am

Sorry I missed you Brian I did call in but was told you had the day off.im sure our paths will cross in the future. Cheers Shane.

showman shane

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire on Thu 04 Sep 2014, 4:25 am

Sorry I missed Shane, the other driver and I arranged alternate afternoons off to allow us to have a look around and catch up with people. I hope you had a ride though. Looking forward to seeing your engine finished though.

bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 934
Registration date : 2010-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex-Jan on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 11:28 am

After a two day journey I finely arrived home on last Tuesday. This was my first outing to the GDSF with my own engine. I knew I could expect †mud when it starts raining on Monday as I was in Dorset two years ago. †On Wednesday †I drove a little bit around on the miniature camping field as I didnít come to England to sit down and watch the rain falling. Thursday afternoon †we start diving the garden path, which I really enjoy. † And so we did on the rest off the show, I went up and down hill several times on Saturday towing one of my trailers. Dean aspect me to blow the fusible as I am not used to steep hills in the Netherlands, but sorry for him it donít happened. Andy gave me the opportunity to drive a little on his road loco so I could feel the difference between an agriculture and a compound engine. It was great fun to me driving in the Dorset show and I Ďm sure this wasnít my last time as exhibitor up there.

Alex-Jan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-10-25

View user profile http://www.miniatuurstoom.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 2:14 am

Hi Alex,

It was good to see you again, your engine must be one of the hardest working engines we have ever sold and i'm guessing must have covered the most miles. Well done on not blowing the plug. Very Happy Laughing

Regards

Dean

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 886
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2