Richard and Carmens 4" DCC Road Loco Starts here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Richard and Carmens 4" DCC Road Loco Starts here

Post  Richard-Carmen on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 11:18 am

Hi everybody,

Especially to Tony for his warm welcome and hospitality during my visit.

Well kit one arrived last week and with one wheel assembled I am now waiting for the epoxy to set, if it ever does with the temperature up here.

I need some help:
Oh what colour shall I paint this ?
All the pictures I have seen on the web all look the same Burrell did seem very limited with there colour range.
I want something a little different from the norm but after all this is a precision engineering marvel scale model, do I really want to paint it pink and break tradition?.
Please I would really like some help on colour schemes.

I will post some pictures as I build.

Its been great reading the posts, it really does help the newbies.

Richard-Carmen

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Richard and Carmens 4" DCC Road Loco Starts here

Post  lynnr on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 2:25 pm

Hi R & C

Welcome to the world of Steam Traction World. Wow another Scottish builder. That's 2 of you within 100miles of me. We must get together. Tony may have given you an idea where I live.

It may not be a Burrell colour but how about a apple green. I was in two minds on going for green but settled for Burgandy Red. On reflection I think the lighter colours work better on miniatures better than dark. Especially with a canopy. But the darker ones can have a richer glow if that makes sense?

Well no matter the colour choice. Just remember it's your engine! Do it how you want it.

lynnr

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2010-08-06

View user profile http://www.pbase.com/uisge

Back to top Go down

Post  IanL on Thu 26 Dec 2013, 11:52 pm

Hi Richard and Carmen,

I am also building a DCC road loco, and have decided to do mine Oxford Blue, just to be different but have now seen a couple in this colour on the rally fields and they look good. Well they do to me. You can see pictures of my build in the owners photo section.

It is your engine so do something you like and fell capable of. Tonys pictures look amazing but I do not have the skill or patience to do all those pin stripes. But have to admit they do look fantastic.

Happy building

Ian

IanL

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2011-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top