Pulling power

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pulling power

Post  burrell1 on Thu 16 May 2013, 10:53 am

Whilst on holiday recently in the Netherlands, with my own traction engine I came across this traction engine and wagons. The owner was offering people rides around a nearby park. The wagons were capable of seating 16 adults and the traction engine was having no problem pulling them. If you look carefully you will see that the traction engine and the bowser are in fact Steam Traction World models.

Bill

burrell1

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulling power

Post  Steam Traction World on Fri 17 May 2013, 12:32 am

Hi Bill,

Yes we recognise this engine very well.

The owner, Alex, is a very friendly guy and built it a couple of years ago if i remember correctly taking him around 13 weeks. He built it with the intention of passenger hauling in Holland and has already done many hundreds of miles pulling lots of people around.

Dean

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex-Jan on Fri 17 May 2013, 2:42 pm

Yes that’s me. I’ve just loaded the engine – named “Fire Dragon”-for another show in Balkbrug tomorrow and will probably do some tractor pulling again as I did last year on this show.
There is no problem for this engine to pull a load of 1,5 ton what is the average weight of the 2 cars and passengers. Done some 500 miles now, this is the third season. Still an endurance test for a STW engine until now without major problems.
Regards Alex

Alex-Jan

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-10-25

View user profile http://www.miniatuurstoom.nl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:42 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top