LARGE PLASTIC MODEL PLANE COLLECTION NEEDS SELLING OFF any one interested ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LARGE PLASTIC MODEL PLANE COLLECTION NEEDS SELLING OFF any one interested ??

Post  craig@STW on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:55 pm

just testing the water on this at the moment.

basically my great uncle, who was more like a grandad to me, passed away over Christmas. he has been a "serious" model plane collector for longer than I've been alive. about half of the collection is now in the hands of my mother who needs to sell it on.

there are far too many to list at the moment but i will be sorting through it slowly. however i do have a good idea of what is there (seeing as i had to move it all Mad ) so I'll be taking requests for now.

so if anyone is interested just ask for "the sort of things you like". kits will be priced "to sell" and there are multiples of many many things.

also have things like cast metal "extra parts", decals and brass etchings all kits are aeroplanes, sorry nothing else

kits are in Rugby warwickshire for collection or can collect from STW towers, or can post. postage will be based on size as models are very light.

to give you an idea of whats on offer this was his loft before we started, and he had a bedroom with about half this again...

we have about half the collection so not everything you see in the photos is available, but there is still lots on offer.

this is my loft now...

Craig

craig@STW

Number of posts: 1084
Registration date: 2010-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LARGE PLASTIC MODEL PLANE COLLECTION NEEDS SELLING OFF any one interested ??

Post  Robfishman on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 11:05 pm

Looking at some of the photos these are quite old, the osprey in the 4th photo I remember building about 30 years ago. I used to hang them from my bedroom ceiling.......was not very popular when it came to redecorating.....the ceiling had to be artexed to cover the holes.

Good luck with the sale....a toy fair may be an option. Just watch you don't sell them to cheep, I've picked up some bargains in the past. I remember one last year where a lads uncle died and he was selling the large dicast car collection he inherited far to cheep, I was there early and pointed him in the right direction.

Robfishman

Number of posts: 892
Registration date: 2010-11-26

View user profile http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Re: LARGE PLASTIC MODEL PLANE COLLECTION NEEDS SELLING OFF any one interested ??

Post  ejparrott on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 6:21 am

Is there anything of second world war vintage in 1:48 scale?

ejparrott

Number of posts: 72
Registration date: 2012-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:12 am

to be honest, thats the kind of stuff I've had.

done a deal to sell off most of them now, but still have a few left. once sorted i can do a propper list of whats left and see whats for sale. i kept a lot of big stuff.

craig@STW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW on Fri 04 Jan 2013, 4:42 pm

OK, firstly thanks everyone for looking.

second, most of it has now gone However i have kept a big pile of anything large, any classic planes and anything easy to sell.

i'm gonna sort through whats left and make a proper list. most of his stuff was 1/27 scale with only a few 1/48 kits. only found one 1/24 kit Sad and I'm keeping that for my self Cool

got stuff like Lancaster's, hercules, harriers, DC3's, A10's, mosquitoes etc a few spitfires but there my favorite so may keep all them.

still got loads and loads of paints

will update soon

thanks again

Craig

craig@STW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top