Winter time has come. (North of the middle bit!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Winter time has come. (North of the middle bit!)

Post  lynnr on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 6:39 am

Hi

Well now the cold dark nights are here. Crystal is quietly hibernating in her bed. Thoughts turn to what to get up to during this quieter period of the year.
I was expecting a nice project for the winter but that did not materialize.

I have started gathering the parts to build a showground'ish organ for general entertainment and to play at home. I also have the plan pack for a Toylander2 "landrover" but not really the space to keep it so it is currently shelved.

It has also been very quiet on the photo retouch and editing side of things for the last few months but that may pick up a bit during the winter.

So what are your plans?

lynnr

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2010-08-06

View user profile http://www.pbase.com/uisge

Back to top Go down

Re: Winter time has come. (North of the middle bit!)

Post  Steam Traction World on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 9:22 am

You'll have a couple of traction trailers coming soon to keep you busy! Very Happy

Steam Traction World

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wagons are a rolling!!

Post  Tony King on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:00 am

Ooooooh! That's good news.
I've just spent the last 6 weeks rebuilding the bike that is going to turn me into a "born again biker". Complely resprayed it in "distinctive" colours, actually the red is a genuine BMW colour used on this type of bike, BUT the yellow is the paint I was going to use on ....... yes you guessed it... Traction engine wheels...... However, I decided to go with the hand painted Craftmaster paints in the end.

The bike was insured & taxed today, but it's far to icy for me to risk a venture out on it. Maybe next April!!
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 3:16 pm

Well that certainly is a distinctive bike! For me it's been digging time at the allotment so all things steam have taken a back seat. I've got the 3" on the bench and it needs a hydraulic and steam test in the next few weeks. I've re-made the lubricator and need to seal the smoke box again and then it's going to be sold Crying or Very sad I'll miss it but I need to make some space. For a bit of fun I've been sea fishing since the summer but now it's getting really cold so I will retreat once again to the workshop pirat

Dan

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2011-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:22 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top