Local Clubs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Local Clubs

Post  Adam Brown on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

Something that has occured to me of late is where do model owners fall in the general scheme of clubs?

I realise that membership of a local model engineering society is quite handy for boiler testing and what have you.

I was thinking more of local steam clubs. Such as Bedford, East Anglian, West of England, Leeds et al

How many on here are members of such clubs? It is logical to me that most would have at route a passing interest in the full size stuff so a local club could be attractive

If you aren't a member of a local club, what could they offer to entice you ( by way of events and activities ) If you are a member, what more could be done for the model fraternity?

Adam Brown

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Clubs

Post  lynnr on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

Be closer than 100miles would be helpfull

lynnr

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2010-08-06

View user profile http://www.pbase.com/uisge

Back to top Go down

Post  mikero on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

North London Society, which for me is about 100 miles away. Local clubs only seem to play with trains.

Mike

mikero

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman on Tue 25 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

There are several around me here but as yet not joined any of them yet. In my case it's one of time, being a active member of several clubs and societies already for me deciding which ones to drop is the problem.

However if there was a society specifically for model engine owners I would probably be there like a shot, most are railway first and everything else second. Locally I believe Basingstoke and Old Sarum and said to be very good.

Robfishman

Number of posts : 947
Registration date : 2010-11-26

View user profile http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Brown on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 12:37 am

I was meaning more the traction engine societys - what more could they do to entice your membership?

Adam Brown

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrStationHouse on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 1:06 am

Over here in Wilts/Glos we have the Model Steam Road Vehicle Society which is spot on what you need!

see www.msrvs.co.uk

With best wishes
Simon

MrStationHouse

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2011-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 6:01 am

I have downloaded the EATES and NTET membership forms on more than one occasion and have failed to send off my cash everytime. To me it seems I would just be charitably giving away money for others to benefit and I just haven't got that amount of cash. At least being a member of my local MES means I can get my boiler ticket every year.

Dan

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2011-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure on Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:36 am

I was a member of the model ROAD steam vehicle society but left when they decided that the annual rally woudlnt do the ROAD run, seemed a bit pointless then which I was quite sad about as I enjoyed the annual rally at Twekesbury. My local club try very hard to make me feel welcome as they realise that the ever ageing population of trian makers will not sustain the club indefinately. I have never really considered some like the Sussex Steam engine club as they are too far away to get to really although I might think about it if it meant I could have a go on a full size, but then again I suspect there are lots of volunteers prepared to drive other peoples engines already.

highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

View user profile http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevster on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:37 am

There must be quite a few road steam models around now but doesnt seem to be many clubs that are just set up just for them and not mainly for the railway locomotives.

Im only aware of the msrvs, are there more like that?

If a model road steam club was set up whithin an hour of me I would definately join.

Kev

Kevster

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2011-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top