steaming in the winter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

steaming in the winter

Post  roel rasker on Fri 25 Nov 2011, 12:47 pm

Hi,

how do you prevent your steamcar water system from freezing in winter temperature below zero. ( since my kit will be ready in december-januari

it is easy to store de steamcar in a shed with a heatingsystem. but how do you do that while driving ?

or is the burner producing so much heat that everything is kept warm enough ?

best regards

roel

roel rasker

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Winter driving

Post  TB on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 12:11 am

The burner had an output of up 80 Kw which is eqivalent to 80 electric fire bars, more than enough to prevent anything freezing,
TB.

TB

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

winter

Post  jjtjr on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 6:10 am

What part of Holland are you in. I worked in Best and stayed in Eindhoven for many years. When I was working for Philips. Retired now. It never got that cold and stayed cold. I do remember one morning it was snowing but later that day it was all gone.
When the car was on the heat kept the system hot. When the car is standing and not on, the heat will kept the system from freezing for some time a few hours, You will have to fire the boiler to get up to temp. On the original locomobile this was the case. But when standing the pilot was left on, this gave enough heat to keep all warm.
I guess you can setup another pressure switch for standby only, this would be set for a much lower pressure around 20 psi or less. It could be set only to turn on when the temp went below 0 deg C. This would Keep heat in the system.
P.S. I really like going to your country, I have a few friends there and would live there for a short time.

jjtjr

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: steaming in the winter

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top